Thursday, March 1, 2012

Refocusing

So it has been a month let's see what's been going on....

  • I broke down and pulled out the scale.  Didn't lose a single pound in January.
  • I attempted to do pull ups in my workout class.  My arms & shoulders hurt terribly for 4-5 days.
  • I lost an inch in my waist and an inch around both calves.  I find it incredibly weird that I lost size in my calves...maybe I measured wrong the first time.
  • We went on a 7 day vacation that included a 5 night cruise (= unlimited food) and I managed to lose 1.5 lbs.
So the cruise thing is really interesting.  I did not pig out while on the cruise.  I had breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I did not snack between meals.  I did have an appetizer, a main course and a dessert with EVERY dinner. I was also wayyyyyy more active than I am at home.  I walked all around the ship, did some swimming in the ocean, climbed half a waterfall, did more swimming and paddling down a river.  I think the combination of all of the activity and the lack of snacking helped contribute to the weight loss.

So how to keep this up at home???  I think 3 days/week of the fitness classes is too much.  The calorie burn from the class seems awesome but obviously I don't need to all our exert myself an hour a day.  I just need to incorporate more activity in my daily life.  Those simple things like parking farther away from the store.  Taking the stairs.  Once it starts to warm up- walking to pick Kel up from the bus stop.  I need to incorporate walks back into my routine. I also still would like to add more of the bodybuilding.com principles into my workout. 

I am going to check out the crossfit introduction on Saturday and do my 15 sessions of crossfit.  After I get the hand of crossfit, I need to decide if I can add more weighlifting into my routine.

I also think I'm am going to breakdown and buy a bodybugg or a heartrate monitor.  I need some baseline for how many calories I burn so that I can figure out how many calories to eat. 

I also still need to set goals.  I need concrete goals!!!  Right now my only goal is to not have yucky, cellulity, jiggle thighs.  The cruise & swimsuits and how horrible my legs/butt looked made me sad and ashamed.  It also made me a little angry.  I saw people way bigger than me with much less cellulite.  Why do I have to have the bad super cellulite genes??  I hate it!!!!  So I have to brainstorm some tangible achievable goals.  I have the 1st one - 5 push ups on my toes...









No comments:

Post a Comment