Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013

2012 brought about some healthy changes and a little weight loss as well.  In 2013 I will build on the foundation that I laid to bring me closer to my 40 and Fabulous.

2013 Goals



  • Focus on the Food
I have resisted changing my diet FOREVER.  I really wanted to believe that I could continue my old eating habits and have the body that I desired. Well I have FINALLY come to accept that the age old wisdom of you can't out train a bad diet is spot on. I also want to journal about how food makes me feel.  I know that certain things that go into my body make me feel sluggish and sometimes nauseous...I want to work on identiying those.  There is no point to working my ass off in the gym and on the trail to come home and fuel it with crap.  I don't really want to count calories so I will just focus on less carbs more fruit and veggies.

  • Weights, Weights, and more Weights
I abandoned heavy lifting towards the end of last year to try to increase my endurance...I miss it.  I miss the thrill of being able to increase weight or do more reps or just feeling strong in general.  The endurance is important too...and I am going to need it to compete in more obstacle races.  So I am in the process of devising a plan that will include both.  I think sprints, steady pace runs, hill work and weightlifting will work for me.  I just need to decide on 2 days cardio, 3 days weights or 3 days cardio, 2 days weights.  I may make weights the priority until it is time to truly train for the races.

That's it as far as fitness.  I do have an idea of what I'd like to weigh...around 150 lbs. I don't want to put a time limit on it.  Time limits stress me out and lead me to either drastic measures or completely quitting.  I learned a lot about myself last year and building on that this year is going to be interesting.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment